Frank here with another update from Belgium. The XK140 is ready to receive its body, which is back from the paint shop. We tested the engine yesterday and we have to admit that your mechanic did a very good job! When we first tried to start it, it refused, but that was because apparently the inlet manifold is from another car. It has a hole in the underside where the tube to a servobooster fits (like for instance a MK8 or XK150). After blanking the hole, it fired instantly, and apart from the ignition timing and carb settings, we didn’t encounter any problems.
As you can see in the photos, everything has been assembled with new parts. The exhaust from SC-Parts didn’t fit, so we had to cut the rear downpipe and re-weld it with an intersection of about one inch, otherwise it was impossible to de-clutch (the lever touched the exhaust). Next week we hope to put the body on the chassis and to shim it out to make all the door gaps correct. Stay tuned!